View Single Post
Old 04-21-2014, 12:32 PM   #299
Yorkieville200
YT 2000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by yorkietalkjilly View Post
I'm glad she had a pretty good Easter and hope her next year's is a happier, service-filled one. Bless Sheila's heart - sometimes even ministers need rest and care.

I hope the Hydroxyzine HCL(generic for Atarax) works for her as it does me and didn't know it was prescribed for MS itching! I had never taken another nerve medication like that other than Diazepam and was scared to take it while I was hospitalized after hip surgery but finally the itching got so bad after I came home on that post-op pain Rx., I just had to try it. I took a baby dose of it and it seemed to help and finally worked up to a whole pill. I save it for only the worst of times and mostly just cut back on the amount of pain Rx. over taking it but it's there for the bad times.

Thank you for your thoughts and prayers - sending them right back to you two with much love. Keep us posted on how you are both doing.
Hi, Jeanie.

Sheila is very determined to return to her Ministry by Christmas....but she always says.... His Wil, not mine, His time, not mine.

Her DO prescribed Atarax this morning. He didn't feel her itching was due to the oxycodone, but to her MS, because she has experienced itching off and on before. He prescribed a small dose. 10 mg. as needed.

And he examined her and said she injured her sciatic nerve. So, he has her alternating bewtween keeping her leg elevated and doing some gentle stretches. He told her that her back is fragile, and she will never have the muscle tone that she had before MS.

She also takes Diazepam for her neuropathy, that is due to her MS. Nothing else has ever given her relief. Her neuropathy was diagnosed at the Cleveland Clinic and they were pretty shocked to see someone with neuropathy in their thighs and legs. The muscular neuro said they had never seen anyone with it in those areas.

Sheila smiled and told her, "I have always been unique".

Hate to ask, but Sheila wanted to know if they scheduled your scope, because she wanted to be sure to pray while you are going through the prep and the scope.

She said she dreads it for you.

Thank you for your thoughts & prayers, and we also send them back to you with our love.

Rich & Sheila
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!