Thread: Spade Monday
View Single Post
Old 04-21-2014, 07:58 AM   #12
Wylie's Mom
Furbutts = LOVE
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pstinard View Post
I agree with the others that the spay could have waited longer. My vet recommended 5 months and said Bella could go into heat as early as 6 months, but he said it was fine to wait a little longer, so I had it done at 7 months, and she had not had her first cycle yet. Animal shelters will typically spay at 4 months, but their main concern is population control rather than optimal bone development, and they want to be sure the females are spayed before they are adopted out.

Now that she's in surgery, please keep us posted on how it goes! We're all hoping for a speedy recovery!

I waited w/ Pfeiffer until she was 7 or 8 months to get spayed.

But yes, now that she's already in surgery - I hope she does well and has a speedy recovery - please let us know when she is out.

I highly recommend you get pain meds from your Vet AND ask what the plan is if her pain is NOT under control at home -- ask what you should do. Some vets will have you give 1 1/2 dose instead of single dose or whatnot...but always have a pain plan...remember, this is major abdominal surgery, which really hurts.

°¨¨¨°ºOº°¨¨¨° Ann | Pfeiffer | Marcel Verdel Purcell | Wylie | Artie °¨¨¨°ºOº°¨¨¨°
Wylie's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!