View Single Post
Old 04-20-2014, 06:11 PM   #1
FureverLexi
Yorkie Talker

Default Hello, new to forum, and introducing Lexi!

Hello everyone, I have just acquired a precious little Yorkie girl! Lexi is a rescue, and this is her story.

A friend posted a picture of her a few days ago on Facebook saying she was looking for a home for this beautiful girl. Lexi was about to be taken away from a neighbor of hers by the Game Warden due to neglect, so my friend offered to take her before that happened. She couldn't keep her, she only wanted her to go to a loving home. She was dirty and full of mats and had to be shaved to remove the mats, and she was also taken to the vet. She has bronchitis and the vet thinks she developed it due to being kept outside all of the time. She's recently had a litter of puppies, but it is not known what happened to them. It is believed she is 4-5 years old. Amazingly, she is otherwise healthy! I was not looking for another dog, but before I even realized it, I'd sent her a note telling her I WANTED that dog (destiny)! Long story short, we went and picked her up yesterday!

This is the sweetest girl, and for a Yorkie, she is very laid back. She has met our golden retriever (apparently she lived with 2 huskies) and has not warmed to him, but she isn't afraid either. My two cats are doing as well as can be expected, watching from a distance, and cautious, but I don't anticipate any problems with them getting along.

Length and height wise, she appears to be a big girl for a Yorkie, about 16-20 inches from the tip of her nose to the base of her tail, and about 8-10 inches tall. I weighed her today, roughly by standing on my scale with her, and she's 20 pounds. The biggest issue seems to be her weight. My friend's vet said she was 4 pounds overweight. I don't know…she waddles when she walks! I'm not experienced with small breeds and don't know how much to feed her, much less how to put her on a diet. My golden is on grain-free kibble due to allergies, so I got Lexi grain-free small breed kibble but she won't eat it. My friend thinks she ate only table scraps. She will though, eat canned food with kibble mixed in.

There's no doubt she's a Yorkie, with her beautiful silky coat and the coloring. I can't wait to see what she looks like when her coat grows in some. I'm attaching 2 pictures that don't show much but I will be uploading pictures in future posts. Anyway, so nice to meet all of you! I look forward to some great advice and assistance with my little girl. I already love her so much!
Attached Thumbnails
Hello, new to forum, and introducing Lexi!-lexi-1.jpg   Hello, new to forum, and introducing Lexi!-lexi-2.jpg  
FureverLexi is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!