View Single Post
Old 04-20-2014, 10:52 AM   #1
jasminescottage
Yorkie Yakker

Cry Need Potty Training Help for 5 month old please

Hello and thanks all in advance for even reading my post. Puppy hood is new to me and I'm certainly not an expert though I have great counseling with the vet and obedience trainer. (they have not been able to solve this one)

Gracie is now 5+ months. She came home at 8 weeks and began sleeping in her kennel at night and spending days in her ex pen while going through potty training.

Careful attention has been given to when she needs to go out. Almost from the beginning she has barked or whined to let me know that she had to go out whether in the kennel, ex pen or my lap.

As time has gone on have tried to give her some free time in sections of the house when she has been outside and seems trustworthy. However each time she has presented a #2 accident even tho she just took care of that outside.

Now trying to broaden her free time as she gets through teething, finishes obedience classes and prepared for spaying in a month. Today she had her typical #2 accident but made if for about an hour with an additional tinkle accident.

Later we were on the bed for about 20 minutes and without a sound she tinkled on the bed. (after having been o/s from the tinkle accident)

I simply do not know how to transition her to the house in general needing her to give me a bark, whine or something to advise that she needs to go out.

Any suggestions that might help?
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!