View Single Post
Old 02-21-2006, 10:07 PM   #1
Carters Mom
YT 1000 Club Member

Default My Marine son is home from Iraq!

Many of my friends here knew that I was expecting my son to come home on leave after being in Iraq for almost 9 months. Today was the day of his arrival and it was everything we could ask for!!!!

We (his father, my mother, two of my sisters and myself) surprised him by picking him up from the airport in a LIMO BUS!!!! This was the first time we saw him since he left in May and since he turned 21. His first request was a cold Corona with a lime, so of course, we obliged him as soon as he stepped into the bus. His second request was a big, nasty, cheesy hamburger. Wendy's was the fastest place to stop to get that for him.

We had a grand afternoon of him driving my new sportscar around town with the top down, shopping, visiting friends and eating all the boiled seafood he could care to eat at dinner.

It has become customary that when one of my two older children come home, the entire family (my side of the family and my ex and his side of the family) all go out to dinner together to celebrate. It was no exception tonight.

We begin tomorrow by shopping again! He has to purchase enough clothes for our cruise that leaves on Saturday.

I couldn't sleep for days before his arrival and I still can't sleep tonight even though he is here safe and sound.

He'll be home for 15 days (the count starts tomorrow) and then he returns to Iraq to finish out his assignment until June 15th.

I wanted to share my excitement with all of you! I never set eyes on a better looking Marine than the one I watched walking up the Delta concourse today right before noon!!!!

Lisa

Last edited by Carters Mom; 02-21-2006 at 10:10 PM.
Carters Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!