View Single Post
Old 04-18-2014, 06:38 AM   #12
pstinard
YT 3000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bellabelle View Post
Thanks! That's why I titled my thread as such! His intentions were good but he doesn't know anything about Yorkies! All he knows is that I've expressed interest in having one.

I left a message for this so called breeder but no response so far. I'll let you know her weight once she has her visit. So far she's eating and playing but I'm worried about the hypoglycemic issue. I'm careful not to play with her much and let her get her rest as much as possible. Until her appointment, I'm going to be on pins and needles! Words can't explain how tiny she is!
Be sure to have some Karo syrup on hand for treating hypoglycemia. Mild symptoms are trembling, and more severe symptoms are sluggishness and loss of consciousness. If you see those symptoms, rub some Karo on her gums so she will swallow it, and call the vet immediately. We got our Bella at 8 weeks of age, and during the first couple of weeks, she had some mild episodes of hypoglycemia--she pulled through fine. Yorkietalk should start a club for Yorkies named Bella, LOL!
pstinard is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!