View Single Post
Old 04-18-2014, 04:35 AM   #7
lynzy420
Donating YT 3000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bellabelle View Post
Hi!

New to your forum! I discovered it due to my bf surprising me with a beautiful yorkie female, named Bella (soooooo not original I know). After reading a few posts, I realize that she is much too young right? She's only 9 weeks according to her shot records. Giving her back isn't an option (my heart is hers completely). I have already booked her puppy wellness visit with my vet.

My gosh she is soooooo tiny yet full of spunk! She has already had my much bigger spaniel jumping for higher ground due to her chasing him around. She also kept me up a bit with her whining after crating her overnight. I'm so happy I work from home because potty training her at such a young age is going to take a lot of patience and time (pads are not an option right now). I've had mixed yorkie pups before but never a purebred. I'm happy to be a new mommy yet so nervous!

Welcome to YT! She is a little ball of sweetness!

At 9 weeks old the advice I offer you I hope you take. Never ever leave this pup alone for atleast 3 weeks. She is tiny? How much does she weigh? First off my concern is that your breeder is unethical. A reputable breeder does not let a pup so young go this early you need to monitor this pup closely and watch for symptoms of Hypoglycemia and also for Coccidia which is common within BYB and other unethical breeders. Any change in your pup needs to be taken seriously and a trip to the vet immediate. Young small pups like these can go down hill very fast.

Did you get a health guarantee?

I would link you here but honestly the best thing you can do is read as much as you can here and especially the "STICKIES" - THE LOCKED THREADS AT THE TOP OF EVERY FORUM, honestly read and reread and do NOT be afraid to ask any question. You will get honest and blunt answers because we at YT value the lives of all pups!

Good Luck and keep an eye on this pup, relax but be aware!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!