View Single Post
Old 04-20-2005, 07:09 AM   #2
orinskye
YT 2000 Club Member

the first day i got toby i went to my mothers house with him..... My mom, dad, brother, his fiance, my aunt, uncle, and cousin were over at the house that day and he had A LOT of socialization that day (and my moms dogs).... You are protective with good reason, i honestly HATED the fact that my cousin would always make a grab for the puppy everytime he walked by, but he wouldnt be in any room if i wasnt there too.... i think HE was more protective and concerend about his welfare then I was.... i think first and foremost you have to have trust and "rules" for the pup that EVERYONE must folow (this is what i did) and if they violated them then they could not hold the pup anymore... when toby had all his shots i took him to the dog park, which was less than a good experience, but he got to socialize with other dogs (he didnt think he was a dog..... the whoel time at the park he was like "mom get me out of here there are DOGS here ") Know youre babies limits as far as exitement (and their reactions to other people) toby REALLY didnt like the people at my fiance's work so those were people i was concerned with toby being around
orinskye is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!