View Single Post
Old 04-14-2014, 11:35 AM   #8
YorkieTherapy
Donating Senior Yorkie Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by matese View Post
very impressive, sooo very cute, I sneeze and Cody jumps in my face, he will have to watch your video so he knows what to do when momma sneezes.
Wow, this video brings back memories. Guinness was convalescing... just had his LP surgery. We were trying to keep him from getting bored by teaching him new tricks.

Matese, does Cody play fetch or tug? If yes, you can teach this trick.

First, lose the tissue and use a handkerchief. Wrap the handkerchief around his favorite toy and just play fetch using your regular command like 'go get it'. When Cody starts to bring it back to you, lose the toy and just have him go fetch the handkerchief.... you want to give him the idea that the hanky is a toy. When he brings that back to you, add the game of tug, teach him to pull. Then put the handkerchief in a tissue box, point to it and tell him to 'go get it' and hopefully he'll pull the hanky out of the box. Finally, point to the box, add both commands, 'Achoo, go get it' .... then just the "Achoo!'

I suggest not using tissue at first because you will end up pulling tissue off of Cody's tongue. This can be off putting and Cody may not want to play. When you want to move onto tissue, make sure you pull one tissue out of the box then put it back in loosely, otherwise, pup will take several tissues at a time and taking the box with it.

I think I'm terrible at describing this... hope I'm making sense.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!