View Single Post
Old 04-12-2014, 12:22 PM   #4
yorkietalkjilly
♥ Love My Tibbe! ♥
Donating Member

My Tibbe wears a collar or harness full-time so he's always got his ID tag on him. I only made him wear the collar/harness for a short time at first, would take it off, scratch his neck and back all over, give him a nice treat and let him out in the back to run off his tensions from having it on. Slowly, over a week or so, I gradually increased the time he wore it until he totally stopped being aware of it but he always got the scratching, treat and outside session after it came off as a reward for having it on while he was still adjusting to it. Now he accepts either with aplomb and never seems to notice either is on him after an initial scratch or two. He gets a treat or a pat/praise when I put them on at first. I put his collar on him, pull his neck skin/hair up and over it so it's not riding up high over his throat and falls into its natural place or make sure his harness isn't too tight/loose, rubbing or riding sideways or high before putting him down. And treat/pat or praise.

But he hates clothes, scratches at them like a madman, so I don't intend to force him to wear them and he's almost never in really freezing, dangerous weather outside and it's warm/cool enough inside to keep him comfortable w/out clothing. I have put his coat/sweater on him to go potty when it was below 15 degrees here and taken it right back off when he got inside.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!