View Single Post
Old 04-09-2014, 06:26 AM   #1
Hummer
Yorkie Talker

Default New member...Congestion/Teeth extraction

Hello from Pamela and Hummer. I found this website last night after researching info for helpful hints after full teeth extraction on my precious 10 year old 4 lb. Yorkie. A long hall since mid Feb. when Hummer began snorting alot, then four eposides of choking and 10 ER vet visits because he couldnt breath following. Not willing to put him down until I found answers, after thousands of dollars of tests, the past 3 weeks has broght a mass removal surgery and full extraction of teeth. They also found a fiscula (hole) in his top pallete which we hoped would solve all the major congestion issues and breathing attacks. It is 80% better now that the hole is closed up but I will hear the congestion in his nose with alot of clear nasal drainage, especially after sleeping. Considering allergies so trying benedryl but not correcting problem. Has anyone out there had these issues with congestion and have suggestions? All other blood work and exrays show him to be healthy. He just had the teeth pulled this past Friday so I may be little anxious for recovery to come quicker. After 2 surgeries, 3 times being sedated for tests, 10 ER visits and now all his teeth gone I am emotionally exhausted. I tried to read several pages in the sick/injured forum however I am still learning the website. Thank anyone for info and hope post pics of my precious Hummer soon. Blessings to all Yorkie lovers, Pamela J
Hummer is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!