View Single Post
Old 04-08-2014, 05:59 PM   #11
Maximo
♥ Maximo and Teddy
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WannaBe View Post
Being an ex-groomer you'd think I would know this stuff. I can groom a poodle (or most any other dogs) in my sleep. I just wasn't sure if that was how it was done. Can't say I've ever groomed a yorkie with as much coat as he has, or one that wasn't cut down. I did try trimming around his feet before but he was so squirmy I made a mess of it. This time will be easier since he is pretty good about being groomed now. I am going to try it the way you explained it, shouldn't be too hard. There are no YouTube videos on how to groom a coated yorkie, just shaving them down. I checked out your two babies, beautiful! That was the kind of coat I wanted when I got Gunner, yikes!
Thank you for the compliment on Max and Teddy.

The only good grooming videos for full coat Yorkies that I have heard of are by one of the top Yorkie show handlers. They are $$$. I decided I do a good enough job for my pets, learning through trial and error. When Max was a pup, I shaved his feet! Then I decided I didn't like that look on him. Seemed to take forever to grow out.

Maximo is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!