View Single Post
Old 04-08-2014, 01:00 PM   #8
barneysmommmy
Donating Senior Yorkie Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by yorkietalkjilly View Post
Anna and Barney both look to be very into their training. Anna's just adorable, Becky. I don't know how you came to get her but I kind of gathered from that last thread of your that she's kind of a recent acquisition because you were describing what sounded like old bad behavior problems of nipping at your son's heels and for some reason I just assumed she was kind of a rescue with "issues". Anyway, what a treasure she is.

And oh, my, that precious, adorable Barney. He's a little stud muffin. Such a looker! They are quite a precious pair of Yorkies - you are so blessed. And then you have a Max, too! You certainly have a fine little family. Is Max into training, too?

We got Anna last May from a shelter here in Arkansas. We don't know a lot about her, except she was no longer useful for breeding. The foster said she refused to come out of her cage for several days after they got her. They feel that she spent very little time outside of a cage in her prior years. She was afraid of grass and wouldn't walk outside for several weeks. It took about a month to get her to run around in our back yard. She now loves it.

After having her about a month, the "issues" began. She started biting anyone who came near me. You gave the wonderful advice to start training her. That was pretty hard at first because she had major food problems. She weighed 4 pounds when the shelter got her. She was very malnourished and was frightened of missing a meal. It's almost like a light bulb went off with her over the last few weeks. She loves training time and this has helped her weight issue because she is no longer allowed to gobble dinner down. She works for it, one piece at a time.

Max has several health issues. So he doesn't work for his food. However, he stands behind me where I "drop" pieces of food. His trick is to clean up the floor.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!