Thread: Mad dog
View Single Post
Old 04-08-2014, 08:48 AM   #5
yorkietalkjilly
♥ Love My Tibbe! ♥
Donating Member

Usually when one dog turns his back on the other, it's a friendly gesture - an inducement to get to know them better and play. It's one of their ways of baiting and enticing other dogs to interact with them. Dogs realize their scent glands that tell other dogs a lot of information about them are in their anal area so offering their behind is a friendly gesture - like humans shaking hands or patting someone on the back and smiling and giving a friendly greeting. When Tibbe wants to play with me or other dogs, he often turns his butt on me or the other dog and looks back over his shoulder as if to say, "See - you can smell that I'm a nice guy, friendly, fun so let's play!".

If the other dog doesn't appreciate the gesture, it's not because it isn't a friendly one, it's just that he's not that accepting of the one making the gesture right then but most dogs accept it as an invitation of amity and play.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!