View Single Post
Old 04-06-2014, 08:06 PM   #9
tiffygirl2003
Senior Yorkie Talker

Default Some good responses!

Yorkietalkjilly: You're giving me hope that I can regain control of my little girl. I really try to be a responsible dog owner. Generally I do well with the pack but this issue really stumped me. I could understand food agression, toy possessiveness, or even jealousy. But none of these issues were present when the attack occurred. I"ve become very vigilent and crate the puppy when I'm unable to keep both of my eyes on her. So far, no more attacked but she has tried to stare at the 11 yr old which I immediately step in and control. I never planned to own 4 dogs and the problem puppy is one that joined my pack by default. I own her dad. She was actually sold but the owner was not prepared to be a pet owner and ultimately gave me the dog. The 11 yr old is a rescue from a puppy mill. So I do have my hands full! I appreciate posters like you who try to provide assistance through information.

Brister: I agree Yorkietalkjilly is awesome! I'm trying to keep the puppy intact for one mating. But it looks like it will depend on me being able to regain control of her. I understand the maturity and hormonal issues that you addressed. She just had 2 heats in less than 3 months so her hormones are probably raging! She's going to be 1 yr old on the 15th so she thinks she's now the queen of the pack. She's going to find out very quickly that I'm the only pack queen and pack leader in this house and I control everything including her. I'm going to be loving yet firm and consistent. I have hope that things will return to normal but in the meanwhille it's my responsibility to protect the pack.
tiffygirl2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!