View Single Post
Old 04-04-2014, 07:26 PM   #4
yorkiemom76
YT Addict

I'm sorry to hear this. I don't really have any recommendations about food but I do have some other suggestions. My old guy that's in kidney failure is extremely picky and wouldn't eat the low protein diet but like another poster suggested, definitely talk to your vet about SQ fluids at home and fish oil is good for the kidneys also. There is also a drug called Azodyl that you can talk to your vet about. My boy has been on it for a few months now. You should be able to get it from your vet or you can buy it online without a prescription. I got mine from entirelypets.com because it was cheaper than what my vet could get it for me even with my discount (I work at a vet clinic). Just make sure whoever you get if from, ships on ice because it does need to stay cold. My boy gets the Azodyl once daily, fish oil every other day and SQ fluids every other day along with Zantac for nausea twice daily because kidney failure does make them nauseous. I had his bloodwork repeated a couple of weeks ago and his Creatinine had come back down into normal range and his BUN had come down from 69 to 55. It's still elevated but definitely better. I hope you find something that works for your boy. Good luck.
yorkiemom76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!