View Single Post
Old 04-04-2014, 06:49 AM   #8
dalady25
YT Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peanutnutty View Post
Hello everyone! I'm new to joining this forum but have been an avid reader for many months now, in fact this site convinced me to adopt my own little Yorkie, Bean. :-)
Bean has been with me for six months now and is the light of my life. He was a joy to train, picking up on things quickly and is so affectionate and obedient. My problem is, he hasn't got any doggy friends.
Shortly after I adopted Bean from a reccomended breeder my sister adopted a beagle x jack rustle from a rescue shelter. Her name is Diva, she is two years old. Not a lot is known about her background but the shelter thinks she may have been abused.
Both Diva and Bean are excellent with people, but to our dismay they cannot play together. Diva is very dominant and will repeatedly body slam Bean despite him submissively showing his tum. She will pin him and bite his neck until he yelps. We are constantly breaking them up as she is very muscular and I fear she may accidentally harm Bean.
So with all this in mind, my sister is insisting that Bean is too aggressive. Despite the rough play Bean is still excited to see Diva and even after a hard body slam he scuttles back over to play some more, she thinks that Bean is instigating and taunting Diva. On our most recent play date Bean did retaliate to Divas insistant dominating and nipped her leg whilst she was holding him down.
So my question is, how do I stop Bean from taunting Diva? Should I just let them play without interference? Is this common Yorkie behaviour when interacting with different breeds? Any help at all would be appreciated. :-)
Thank you all so much. I appologize for the long post and if this has found its way into the wrong forum. :-)
No way wld I let Bean play with & get abused by Diva! Yorkies can easily get hurt by "play"---if that's what U want to call it. My sister had a Jack Russell with the very same disposition & actions & they also had a much smaller submissive dog. That JR abused that poor little dog until it made me sick to B around them. Please take care of & rescue your baby from Diva NOW!!
dalady25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!