View Single Post
Old 04-04-2014, 06:03 AM   #1
Lally
YorkieTalk Newbie!

Default Potty training a 6 month old AND 18 month old!

Hi People, I know there are tonnes of threads already on potty training but my situation is quite unique!

I got my first Yorkie, Bella, in 2012 and trained her on the pee pads, everything was fine, she had the run of the house and only peed on her pads.

Then in December last year I got 8 week old Buster, since then I confine them both to the kitchen and used to leave a pee pad down but Buster just rips it to shreds even when there is pee on them. So now I cant put them down for when I go out and now it is just ruined all the training I did with Bella!

I almost rehomed him last week but chickened out at the last hour because I just couldn't do it.

anyway, I leave pee pads in almost every room just so he is used to them and he never shreds them when I am in. He has plenty to chew on but this doesn't stop him.

I also had a dog trainer around who told me cover the kitchen in 3 layers of newspaper. I tried this but it is just so time consuming and really off putting trying to stick to it!

Does anyone else have any tips I am at my whit's end when I get home of an evening to find the kitchen covered in pee and the house stinks!

Any help would be appreciated. I am going to buy the book on Yorkies as am told this will help. I would try anything!

Thank you
Lynette
Lally is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!