View Single Post
Old 04-03-2014, 01:04 PM   #3
theporkieyorkie
YT 1000 Club Member

I've went through the same thing with both of my boys. My first dog(10 years old) was not potty trained when I got him and he was piddling all over my house even though he had a fenced in back yard that he could go out in whenever he desired. He eventually got better and when I moved to a new house with new carpeting, he stopped piddling inside all together. He also started asking to go out.

So...I got my 2nd dog( 2 years old) who was supposed to be pee pad trained but he REFUSED to use the pee pad. It was spring time when I got him so I started to take him outside but he never asked to go out. He'd occasionally piddle in the house, but not much. This fall, when it got cold, he stopped going pee outside and started peeing on the floor in the house so I went and got pee pads and by gosh, he started using them. He wasn't very good at it though would often miss...sometimes by a few feet even. I thought about getting those "bullseye pee pads" like you see on TV because he was missing more than he was hitting the pad and I was desperate. He did get better though...in the mean time, my older dog took this as "well we can pee in the house now"....except my older dog doesn't understand the concept of pee pads and that Ricky is peeing in a designated area, not all over the house. He just smelled the pee and started peeing all over the house(my bed, trash can, fridge couch etc etc). It's gotten to the point where he now has to wear diapers. My 2 year old eventually got really good at using the pee pads for a while. His aim was good an I rarely had to clean up pee off the floor...I even posted about it....but since then, it's gotten worse again and he's missing.

I don't know why it seems like they go in phases....but it seems like the minute I think they are potty trained, they are back to having accidents. The minute I think Ricky's got the idea of the pee pad, he's peeing off the side of it. It's been a never ending battle. I am looking forward to the weather getting warm. I am going to start potty training all over with them again. I really want to get rid of the pee pads and the pee smell out of the house. I am sure the cat will appreciate it as well. She keeps trying to bury the pee pads and that makes a mess as well.
theporkieyorkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!