View Single Post
Old 03-31-2014, 02:42 PM   #1
coco2013
Senior Yorkie Talker

Default Rabies shot today

Got Coco's rabies shot today. This is her first shot since we adopted her(she is 4yrs old). I've read several threads on vaccines for yorkies and Coco is 11lbs and not so small. I need opinions regarding what happened today.

Ok, got her shot this morning around 11:00. Then when we got in the car she got a treat since she was such a brave girl. Then around 11:30-11:45 we ate lunch. Coco also had her lunch. Then we had another stop to make before we hit PetSmart. We go into Petsmart and got her food and a new bag of treats. I get into the car and give her one of her new treats. Same brand that we always get, Blue. We always buy Blue Bites and they are small and chewy. Today I thought we would try another type of Blue Bites. They are crunchy instead of chewy. The flavor was Banana and Peanut Butter. About a half hour later, she threw up her lunch along with the treats. We finally get home which was probably another half hour maybe 45 minutes later and I give her another one of her new treats to see if it was the treat or maybe the shot??? So, within 15 minutes she throws up again. (From the time of her shot today and getting home was probably 4hrs) I'm wondering if it's a reaction to the shot today??? I mean it's not like I gave her a completely different brand of treat. Just crunchy instead of chewy and the flavor was different. But she is used to a treat with banana in it, so I'm leaning toward the rabies shot. What do you think? Oh, forgot to tell you. She has never had a problem at all with any brand of treats we have given her. We stick to Wellness and Blue brand treats.

Thank you for your opinions
coco2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!