View Single Post
Old 03-31-2014, 12:29 PM   #4
CindyP812
Senior Yorkie Talker

I am sorry to hear that your Cookie also suffers from what my baby does but happy that she has responded to treatment. Thank you for chatting with me on this. I need some support right now to get through all this and appreciate your help.

A bit of history on Sophia:

On Dec 7th she had been vomiting and had a bit of runny stools. I took her to the vet who did some labs and found that her wbc's were up and a few other things looked weird. She gave her a couple of shots, one antibiotic and another for the nausea, some flagyl and some cerena for the next few days. She told me to put her on a rice diet for 2 days and to come back in two weeks for follow up labs. So I took her in for the labs on 3-21-14 and the DR thought that she could feel a mass in her abdomen. She took xrays and labs and referred her to Purdue Veterinary teaching hospital. Her albumin was very low and her calcium was also less that half what it should have been. At Purdue they did an abdominal US, additional labs and more xrays. They also kept her in ICU for 3 days while they did a scope and biopsy of her bowels. They have given her several b-12 shots and 5 infusions of calcium and have her on vit D. We are feeding her RC low fat food that they gave us. I would like to find some recipes for food that she can eat so that I can cook for her. I have another appointment tomorrow to go over the biopsy reports and get another b-12 shot for her. I was told that there is inflammation however they think hers is primary and may not treat her with prednisone. Her stomach is quite large from ascites and measures 20 inches right now.
CindyP812 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!