View Single Post
Old 03-31-2014, 12:00 PM   #7
Magnus
Donating YT 1000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maximo View Post
I agree that I wouldn't add a dog solely to be company to the first. This is especially true if the expectation is that the dogs will entertain each other. My boys do not self-entertain.

We often say that life would have been easier with just one dog, but we wouldn't have missed having Teddy for the world. We have such a special bond with Teddy. At the same time, he is good for Max because we do not have much opportunity to socialize with other dogs.

Very good point about disposition when it comes to choosing a second dog. While I would characterize both of my boys as strong/dominant personalities, Teddy does recognize Max as the leader.

I have a boy and a girl. About a year apart (Magnus is older). They're not best of friends but will act as a pack when they see fit. I really think it has to do with the dogs' character/personality. While Zoey doesn't care for anyone (human or dog) other than our family, Magnus is more interested in humans in general rather than other dogs.

Although I absolutely LOVE having Zoey in our family, it didn't really turn out the way I expected. Which was hoping that they'd entertain/play with each other when left alone. But they sure are fun to watch when they are playing. LOL
Magnus is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!