View Single Post
Old 03-31-2014, 08:29 AM   #9
pstinard
YT 3000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by richards6402 View Post
Thanks for link. After reading the article, the black stuff sounds harmless but I wouldn't want to eat out of a bowl that the mirror finish is coming off and my girls won't be using them anymore either. They are now in the trash (the bowls, not the girls).

I ordered new ones from Basis Pet (which are made in the USA) and hope I don't have this problem again.
If the black residue contains nickel or chromium, it's probably harmless over the short term, but I wouldn't want a dog to be eating those metals over the long term because they ARE toxic. If it were me, I'd switch to plastic bowls that are set into a base so they don't tip over. I'm currently using glazed ceramic bowls from Petsmart, but now that we're discussing toxic metals, when I get home, I going to check the label on the bottom to make sure they are not from China, because China sometimes puts lead in ceramic glazes, toys, etc., even when they're not supposed to. I sometimes think that's how they're trying to solve their toxic waste problem--by exporting it to other counties .
pstinard is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!