View Single Post
Old 03-31-2014, 07:58 AM   #1
Mamagreen5
YorkieTalk Newbie!

Default Need some advice

I recently added a yorkie to our home. He is a 12 week old adorable black and gold cutie! I have raised Boston's before. Along with taking in every stray and finding them good homes after I trained them basic obedience and house training skills. My point is, I'm not a novice with training and such. Our Larry has completely thrown me for a loop tho. He is not like any other puppy I have had. Here is the problem, or what I am wondering if it's normal or not. We are working on house training. I'm doing the crate method because it has always worked the fastest and I have always had wonderful results in the past. Larry sleeps all night, from 10:30 pm to 7:30 am. He refuses to use the bathroom when I would take him out in the middle of the night. So I decided to let him sleep. He wakes up spunky, ready to take on the day. I take him out as soon as he wakes up and he just walks around for a few minutes then comes and sits beside me. He won't go potty. So I take him in and feed him. He eats well, drinks good, so within 15 min after finishing his food I take him out. Again, no potty! Yesterday he only pooped one time and peed twice. He is going to be around 8 lbs when he is grown so he isn't a toy size. Still, it is making it very difficult for me to potty train him when I can't get any schedule whatsoever. Since he doesn't go potty when I take him out to the potty spot I bring him back in and crate him, I set a timer and every 15 to 20 min we go out, but he just walks around sniffing then comes and lays down at my feet. Or starts playing. Just wondering if this is normal or if maybe I am doing something wrong. Also he won't eat more than once maybe twice a day. And I free feed him. He is healthy looking so I am not overly concede about his eating. Just perplexed with his lack of pottying. Anyone got some advice?
Mamagreen5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!