View Single Post
Old 03-31-2014, 07:54 AM   #35
Wylie's Mom
Furbutts = LOVE
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBlain View Post
Gulp gulp ............ just looked that camera up, it's around $1,500.00. It sure takes beautiful pictures though. if anyone knows of something for a lot less with a quick shutter speed let me know. Love Mike and Molly.
You definitely don't have to spend 1k to get a DSLR, so don't let that intimidate you . I have a Nikon D90, and it's still a bit pricey - but you could find one used at this point...perhaps for around $4-500 or so. For starting off w/ lenses, I'd recommend you get 1 zoom lens and 1 prime lens. A GREAT prime lens for cheap is the Nikon 50mm 1.8, which you could get around $100 used. I also really like the Sigma 30mm 1.4 prime. I have the Nikon 18-105mm zoom, which is a great all around zoom..which I mostly use when we travel. And then I have a Nikon 60mm micro lens, which is really fun to use when applicable.

If you get a DSLR, I'd highly recommend getting the SB400SB400 so you can bounce the flash if you have to use flash (rather than using the built-in straight-on forward flash that causes such harsh light).

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisaly View Post
How do you like your 85mm 1.8g? I've considered that lens. I would love the 1.4, but it's more than I want to spend right now. I'm not sure of that focal length on a crop camera. I know one day I will get a D610 or D800, but right now I'm so busy that I'm not using my D300 enough. I have the following lenses, so I'm not sure if it will add something, but I love that it's 1.8.

Nikon 105mm 2.8 micro
Nikon 35-70 2.8
Nikon 50mm 1.4
Nikon 18-200

I have others, but I don't use them much. Thanks for your input.
Fun set of lenses, my dear friend!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maximo View Post
Gorgeous shots! Your pups are naturals.

I was going to ask what kind of camera you have. Glad you already indicated the Nikon. I'm hoping to buy my first fancy digital this year. My last "real" camera was a Minolta 35 mm.

I want the crystal clear focus of the pups with the bokeh effect.
How exciting you're getting your first fancy schmancy camera! Most def take a class bc otherwise a DSLR can be quite overwhelming. I've seen a lot of beginner classes offered via Groupon and Living Social...so maybe you have those too, locally, where you are. For the best bokeh, a prime lens is what you really want to play with. The most economical prime is that Nikon 50mm 1.8.

°¨¨¨°ºOº°¨¨¨° Ann | Pfeiffer | Marcel Verdel Purcell | Wylie | Artie °¨¨¨°ºOº°¨¨¨°
Wylie's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!