View Single Post
Old 03-29-2014, 05:22 PM   #15
Maximo
♥ Maximo and Teddy
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by margiepickens View Post
You must have been so scared. I was in a 6.4 in oregon a number of years ago. The water was sloshing out of the aquarium Strange thing, our dog actually starting acting weird a minute or so before it happened. She started walking around with her nose in the air like she was trying to sniff at something, going to the windows. Just very nervous acting. We have been having little small tremors here the last few days. I suppose from all the rain. And mudslides! Glad you and your family are all ok.
Oh my goodness, a 6.4 is significant! I've heard about animals sensing it coming. When we had ours in Virginia a couple years ago, I was surprised Max and Teddy did not react first. Teddy usually can tell when the garbage truck enters the neighborhood a mile away.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yorkiefan_ View Post
I still remember my first earthquake, the 7.1 Hector Mine Quake. I was on the fifth floor of a dorm in the top bunk and I thought my roommate was having a bit of fun with himself. So I yelled for him to quit it, it was 3AM and I was trying to sleep. But he kept going for what seemed like another minute, so I jumped down thinking I was going to confront him and saw the bed empty and realized he had gone home for the weekend. At 3AM my brain didn't put two and two together, so I was shocked 4 hours later when I got breakfast and everyone was talking about a huge earthquake.
7.1 is huge! I went to school in Malibu, CA and we had a 5. something centered right off of our coast. Our dorm felt like it was being picked up and slammed down. The president of our school told us that the dorms were built to survive a 7.0 quake, but the mountains would probably crumble at 6. something.

Maximo is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!