View Single Post
Old 03-29-2014, 08:08 AM   #1
mizzwanned
Donating YT 11K Club Member

Unhappy Need insight please, she keeps pooping 'blood'?

Before i get yelled at lol, quick info- I already took her to the vet and she was given meds, will take her back if it persists tomorrow.

So London seemed to be losing her appetite last week and getting skinnier. She's been chubby until now. She wasn't really pooping, we noticed and slept a lot more. When she did poop it was small tiny bits and very dark and mucousy, also bits of blood in it. So we took her to the vet and she was given antibiotics for 10 days. When weighed there she had lost a pound since her last vet visit which is lot for her, she has a tiny body. Anyway she did get her appetite back which is great, we gave her the medicine for 10 days and things improved a little.Well a lot..she has been eating all her meals now and not sleeping as much, better energy. But she still looks skinny to me, i can feel her ribs which is rare! for her at least lol and she has been eating all the same so idk why she hasn't gained some weigh back yet. Also she poops a little better but not as much, still strains and does little drops here and there. Sometimes it looks like blood but i cant tell, its not dark..its more orange colored and its not a lot. She eats a lot of carrots too.
Any who i googled this and read it COULD be colitis. Now I'm wondering if the antibiotics she was given should have cleared that up completely? Or maybe the doctor guessed and gave her the wrong medicine. They did a fecal check and it came back normal. I don't even know if it is colitis but it sounds like it from the symptoms I read. Would i need to go back and get another medicine, is there a certain test she should have done? Please advise if you can, I would like to see her poop normal again and gain a little weight. Thank you.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!