View Single Post
Old 03-29-2014, 05:53 AM   #2
DBlain
Donating YT Addict

hi welcome to YT, first off how old is your pup, and what type of basket are you using.

Make sure you have him tethered in. Mine has a cage over the basket which I think is the best, but they are getting hard to find. One of the first times I took Lola out, she manged to push through the cage, one of the bars was broken and I did not know it. I was lucky she did not get hurt. But now she seems to love it, most dogs love the wind in their face and looking around.
In the last two summers we have logged well over 500 miles together.

The best is to roll him around in it on the driveway or someplace safe, then take a short ride. Hopefully you feel comfortable on a bike, some dogs especially if they are a little heavy and move around in the basket can knock you off balance. Once you get the hang of it, it is great. Some of our rides are well over an hour, we even rode on a trail about 20 miles to Niagara Falls.

In the picture I have the cage top pulled back off the basket, but it gives you and idea of the style we have, I also put a small blanket on the bottom of it, so it is comfortable.
Attached Thumbnails
Yorkie in a bike basket training help-yt-falls-lola-basket-2-.jpg  
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!