View Single Post
Old 03-28-2014, 01:10 PM   #3
theporkieyorkie
YT 1000 Club Member

My 2 boys sleep in bed with me...although they have taken over my bed. They box me into a small corner of it as they sprawl out. I've also got issues with my older dog...if he doesn't want to sleep, mamma isn't allowed to either. He gets up up usually 2-5 times a night to pee, drink water and snack. I've tried to pull up his water but it makes it worse because he will get me out of bed and stand by his water dish. If I ignore his plea and go back to bed, he will then come in bed and bother me until I get up and go fill his water. He is VERY smart and he is VERY persistent. If he could only talk, my life would e much easier!! LOL!!

He's gotten so bad with his persistent pestering and begging that I've thought of caging both of my boys in an exercise pen at night just so I can actually get some good sleep. Unfortunately, I feel like Ricky gets the short end of the stick that way. He's great in bed and shouldn't be banished to the cage just because Princeton can't behave.

Once I move into a new house with a bigger bedroom, I am either going to cage them in my room or I am going to have to buy a bigger bed and build them a bed that fits next to mine. I am thinking of a bed like this....

5. Side Dog Bed - 7 Unique Items of Home Decor for Pets ... | All Women Stalk

This will give me my room, while giving them a space to sleep right next to me. I may try just getting a king size bed first, but I don't think it will solve the problem. It doesn't matter how big the bed is....the boys want to lay right on top of me and Prince will still wake me up at night!! That's why I think building them their little side bed might be a better solution.
theporkieyorkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!