View Single Post
Old 03-28-2014, 07:35 AM   #17
yorkietalkjilly
♥ Love My Tibbe! ♥
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RHOADST View Post
Thanks! I have been keeping things short I think I only train about a minute I only use one or two treats and break them up smaller and once the treats are done I stop for that round and only about 2 or 3 times a day do I do that. So sounds like I am doing okay so far.....I was just unsure if I was doing things right. I have not ever trained a dog to do tricks.....I really think the trick where they play dead when you say bang is so cute so my goal is for Howie to eventually learn that trick...that will be a while!!
Oh, I so love to see a Yorkie do the "play dead" trick!!! That is just the cutest thing in the world!

Sounds like you are right on track and doing very well. Anybody that loves the cuteness and fun of teaching tricks to their dog will usually eventually wind up with a very well-behaved dog who is a joy to have in the house as they are almost always happy, fulfilled and in control of themselves, all other things being equal.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!