View Single Post
Old 02-21-2006, 09:18 AM   #1
Kenzies Grandma
YT Addict

Default Gypsy has upset tummy again. Help!

She's been doing really well but last week (not even thinking because Tango has a cast iron stomach lol) I gave them each a little piece of stew meat that was left on my plate. The next day she had diarrhea and just seemed not too happy. By the next day she had quit going every couple of hours but her stools were still really soft and loose, yuck. She started eating again and didn't get sick or anything but her stools still not back to normal. So last night I thought I would try giving her a little bit of pumpkin (not pie filling) and she just loved it. A little while late she ate a little bit of her dry food and about 1/2 hr. later started throwing up! Several times. She was OK during the night but this morning her stool was almost liquid (only went once though). My Mom suggested giving her nothing but rice for a day or two so I cooked her some and she ate about 1 tbsp. Then promptly threw it all up.

Could all of this just be because of an irritated tummy from the stew beef? Would it be a good idea to just completely fast her for 24 hrs? She seems to be feeling not too bad except for her tummy. She is 3 yrs. old and weighs about 4 1/2 lbs. Any suggestions will be welcome.

Thanks,
Kathy, Tango and Gypsy
Kenzies Grandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!