View Single Post
Old 03-27-2014, 08:04 AM   #9
Britster
Action Jackson ♥
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by stl View Post
I wouldn't say he is aggressive but he is surely over jealous. We are currently staying with my parents, and he started peeing everywhere (he is potty trained). This drives my parents nuts!!!
I wouldnt's say that for Teddy (our Yorkie) not being able to sleep in our bed is that of a change, since back at our home (we moved in a few months before having a baby) he didnt sleep on our bed at all, the bed was quite high and he prefered his own place. Now at my parents we dont really want a high mattress, again because of the baby.
It's a shame your parents aren't more understanding. I don't believe dogs pee in the house out of spite. I believe he is more than likely confused and just needs some guidance and training.

Imagine this: you're 10x smaller than everyone around you, you don't speak the language every one else is speaking, but you acclimate yourself to one place. Life is great, you've got these 2 people who love you and baby you. Then, you're moved into a new unknown place, with more people you don't know as well, but at least at night you've got the comfort of the people you know and love. You're there for a few months and then BAM, there's now a little crying human-thing in your house and you're even more confused. Now you have to go sleep on the floor, when you've been up in that bed for months?

I just think a lot of people tend to forget that not all dogs deal with change well, and forget how a dog may feel in general. Again, I'm not against a dog sleeping in it's own space at all. I just think it's difficult when something has once been allowed before for a long period of time and then no longer is.

It sounds like he is okay with sleeping in his own space in the past, so it should be an easy transition, but I would do it slowly and just have patience. If your child sleeps in your bed all the time and that is what he/she is used to, you wouldn't just kick them out in one night right? Think of your dog like you would teach a child.

Last edited by Britster; 03-27-2014 at 08:06 AM.
Britster is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!