View Single Post
Old 03-27-2014, 04:38 AM   #10
Maximo
♥ Maximo and Teddy
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pbentley View Post
Well, the last couple of nights my husband has fed Bentley and stayed with him watching tv while I went into another room. Bentley proceed to run from door to door whining and looking for me but in the midst of this he did jump into my husbands lap twice and let him pet him a little while in his lap, it's a start! My mother has also stayed with him for an hour or so a couple of times while I went out, same outcome whining and looking for me but then he settled down and layed by her feet. I will keep on doing this and hopefully eventually he will calm down when I leave. He's good in his cage at night and when I leave to run errands he can't come on.

I have been taking him everywhere with me that allows dogs and I am taking him to little dog daycare today to see how he reacts to an hour there, haven't decided if I will leave him there yet have to check the place out first. It's come highly recommended.

Thanks for your input, it's nice to hear other opinions, I'm just scared to do the wrong thing and make things worse but it seems that I have to plan time away to help him better bond with my husband.
Very happy to hear that you have made progress! Keep it up.

Also, be aware that these little ones are very sensitive to our feelings -- they can read us like a book. You have to hide your worry and anxiety very well. In fact, get rid of it. Be confident and optimistic that everything is going to turn out perfectly. This will help Bentley feel more secure about your husband and other people in his life.

Maximo is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!