View Single Post
Old 03-26-2014, 05:19 AM   #13
rubymoon2072
Cedric♥Lola♥Keylo
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel Sweet Pea View Post
Hi, could someone tell me what Panalog is? and how to get it? My dog was scooting on her butt yesterday and had trouble having a bowel movement. First time this happened. I tried to wash her anal area and squeeze it a bit. She finally had a bowel movement this morning...normal... She does have allergies and is a delicate sensitive little 4 1/2 lb dog. What can I do to keep her anal glands healthy and functioning normally? I do not know how to express anal glands and heard it is not a good thing to do. Thanks again everyone.
yorkies are known for needing expression done manually ...my lola has to be expressed where cedric and keylo do it on their own. lola is high anxiety and a very nervous girl. as soon as she scoots off to the vet we go to have them expressed. she has also been impacted previously ......and it was horrible so my suggestion is to make sure the vet shows you how to do it on your own if needed and she is checked by the vet because if you go the weekend next thing you know she could be impacted and in a lot of pain.

also next time she has a problem pooing maybe try a warm bath......I massage the body area and keylo passed it right in the tub when I first got her when she had issues going.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!