View Single Post
Old 03-25-2014, 09:19 AM   #1
Sienna Wright
YorkieTalk Newbie!

Love ....HELP.....Ugh...ITCHING!!!!!!!!!!ugh....

[F]Vinny my 4.5 year old Yorkie, a couple times each year gets ITCHY skin. I have taken him to the vet so many times for ITCHY skin! With really no relief an allergy pill until whatever it is or was passes. The Vet has checked his skin for bacteria and fungus nothing showed up. Vinny does have little dry flakes so the Vet started fish oil. I used it routinely, it did not help at all. Vinny loved it, he became a bit chunky tho, lol. We have tried special doggie shampoos and conditioners, nothing helps.
Even tho the Vet did not believe it was his food I changed what he was eating Iams Small Dog. (He does not chew his feet) only ITCHES at his left and right sides, neck ect. I did change his dog food to Blue Wilderness. (No grains I think it helped a bit.) But he still ITCHED to the point of loosing a lot of his hair. And
his hair became so greasy. AND HE STILL ITCHED LIKE CRAZY!!!!!
So I switched his food to Royal Canine for Yorkshire Terriers. His hair is nicer and shiner but he still ITCHES!!!!! AAHHH!!!!these poor loved ones.
It is a shame there is not a salve like product with natural healthy ingredients that could be rub on these areas to help soothe, instead of more medications.Vinny my 4.5 year old Yorkie, a couple times a year gets itchy skin also. I have taken home to the vet so many times. We have checked for bacteria, fungus, he does have little dry flakes so we started fish oil also. Used it routinely, it did not help either. I did change his dog food to Blue Wilderness. But he still itched to the point of loosing a lot of his hair. And his hair became so greasy.

Please send any advice, I wouldto hear from you!!!!

[/FONT]
Sienna Wright is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!