View Single Post
Old 03-25-2014, 06:14 AM   #5
DBlain
Donating YT Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wylie's Mom View Post
Hi and WELCOME to YT ! Your wee one sounds just adorable, and like a little spitfire. You're so lucky she survived okay, given how young she was when you got her - some pups wouldn't even survive that young w/out their mothers - good job to you! But shame on that breeder, whoever they are - bc it's totally inappropriate (not to mention life threatening) to let a puppy go this early; also, the puppy misses out on all the socialization skills that they learn from their Mom and the litter. Maybe some breeders here can chime in on what you might be able to do to mimic her age's socialization needs.

Now that she's 8 weeks, it's okay to give her a bath - just make sure you blow dry her right after so she doesn't get cold.

I'd take her to the vet and start the shots process. Remember, the core vaccines are distemper, parvo, and rabies. Rabies she won't get until much later. DON'T let the vet talk you into any non-core vaccines like lepto, giardia, or kennel cough....to me, it's not worth it to overvaccinate unless something is endemic to your area.

Best of luck, and please keep us posted on your little peanut!!!
the OP said she turned 6 weeks old yesterday

getting one shot at a time is a good idea, these little ones have more trouble getting vaccines than larger dogs do
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!