View Single Post
Old 03-24-2014, 04:41 PM   #1
theporkieyorkie
YT 1000 Club Member

Default Advantix II and Heartguard Vs. Revolution

Ok...so I was pricing this summer's Flea/HW meds. Originally, I was going to go with Revolution, but I sort of like the idea that Advantix is supposed to repel the fleas AND it kills ticks. I also like the idea that I can give HW meds and not flea treatment if I so choose. I'd rather give as little meds as possible, while keeping my boys safe.

My boys are severely allergic to fleas so repelling them would be ideal to killing them and while I don't live a tick infested area, there is a very slim chance that I could travel to an area that does have ticks. I do live in Michigan! LOL!! So those are the perks I see with Advantix II. On top of that, I know that people can apply the topicals wrong. There's no messing it up if they eat a pill/treat.

On the other hand...I like the fact that Revolution is in more exact doses, right down to 0-5 lbs for my little guy, whereas with Heartguard, it's 0-25 lbs. You could also say with Revolution, less is more, because you are only giving one medicine instead of two.

Anyways...they run about the same in cost. I want to put in an order tomorrow. Any other pro's/con's you guys can think of?!?
theporkieyorkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!