View Single Post
Old 03-23-2014, 04:27 PM   #12
megansmomma
Donating YT 10K Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthias View Post
This is my biggest worry of all when it comes to my Yorkies. My baby boy Timothy should have had his teeth cleaned a few times while younger, but I feared he wouldn't make it through while being under. He also needed luxating patella surgery on both hind legs, of which I didn't do because of the same fear.

Now I read this article and AM NOT FORGETTING the fact it's at Tufts and NOT my local vets in the area. The same protections and Veterinarians that are at Tufts are one thing, but having similar near here is something else. I'm not going to be skewed by facts, when the facts don't apply similar around here.

Matthias
What you are saying is totally inaccurate in with the basic fact that Protocol is protocol and that is why vets go to school, they must take continuing education and are overseen by the State for compliance. You do not need to take your pets to Tufts for teeth cleaning or LP surgery. It's unrealistic and uninformed to try to convince me that your vet wasn't able to do a basic teeth cleaning and you feared for Timothy's safety/life. Actually, the statement that you feared a very basic procedure by your regular vets is an insult your your vets years of schooling in veterinary sciences. Furthermore, I also don't have an issue of Vet Techs administering anesthesia under the supervision of a vet. It's no different than have (human) surgery with a nurse anesthetist monitoring a PT. They are trained and work under the supervision of an anesthesiologist who can step in if ever needed.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!