View Single Post
Old 03-23-2014, 02:57 PM   #9
ladyjane
Resident Yorkie Nut Donating YT 20K Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthias View Post
This is my biggest worry of all when it comes to my Yorkies. My baby boy Timothy should have had his teeth cleaned a few times while younger, but I feared he wouldn't make it through while being under. He also needed luxating patella surgery on both hind legs, of which I didn't do because of the same fear.

Now I read this article and AM NOT FORGETTING the fact it's at Tufts and NOT my local vets in the area. The same protections and Veterinarians that are at Tufts are one thing, but having similar near here is something else. I'm not going to be skewed by facts, when the facts don't apply similar around here.

Matthias

You can always go to board certified vets if you don't want to do anesthesia at your regular vet. I would only go to boarded surgeons anyway for orthopedic surgery. Tufts is not the only place where anesthesia is safe.

As for dentals, there is more of a risk of your pup dying from cardiac or renal disease due to the effects of periodonal disease than from anesthesia.

Know your vet and know the anesthetic protocols. There is such a small risk of anesthetic death with up to date protocols.
ladyjane is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!