View Single Post
Old 03-19-2014, 12:46 PM   #15
TysonMyBoy
Senior Yorkie Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cha Cha View Post
I am not nearly as afraid of the wild version as I am of the domestic ones. My parents raised the great big dark colored ones mean ones, and yes I have been attacked by them. I came walking out my back door and a goose grabbed me in the back side. I reached around and grabbed her by the neck to get her off of me, and when I did that her wings beat down on my bony forearm, and my dog, a miniature schnauzer at the time, was going for the goose to protect me. So I had quite the chaos going for a moment. I finally let her go to calm the dog but I was really angry at the moment and could have had goose for dinner. She did rip the skin on my butt leaving a bruise there and left forearm red and swollen from her wings. I'm glad it wasn't a gander because they are meaner. We didn't even have babies at the time it was completely unprovoked. My parents thought it was quite funny, but I will never go around them without a stick of some kind. Yes, they can inflict damage.
Shelly, that sounds terrifying!!! We have geese at our lake house...they are so mean and my daughter was chased by them many times when she was little. She didn't understand why they didn't act sweet like the ducks!!

Last spring, Tyson discovered mockingbirds. A baby mockingbird was walking in the backyard. He went streaking out the back door and completed knocked that little baby over (I guess it was learning to fly). The baby bird started squawking and Tyson was looking at me "OMG mom, I caught a bird!" He was trying to play with it when the mom and dad bird came flying in....they started dive bombing his head. Poor Tyson was terrified....he was trying to run to me but was trapped, cause the baby bird was between us! To this day, he is terrified of birds!!!! LOL
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!