View Single Post
Old 03-19-2014, 09:04 AM   #12
kjc
I♥PeekTinkySaph&Finny
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoey Zandaya View Post
Omg that gave me goosebumps! How terrifying! And how fast things can go so wrong, thank goodness she got out ....once thru the ice is very treacherous!
Thank goodness it turned out alright.
That was 20 years ago... I remember now... she actually started swimming after the ducks! She went about 5 feet and then I could see her turning around (I think the cold hit her) and she got right back up on the ice and ran to me, like Boy, that was great mom! I love ducks! I'm standing there having multiple heart attacks! Grabbed her up and in the house for a nice warm bath! I never thought she'd go so far out on the ice, much less in the water!

We lived on a Houseboat for a few years... she would always fall off the boat in the winter. Pitch black at night, I'd listen for the plop, plop of her little feet, then yell at DH, 'Hold my feet! (at low tide, it was 5 feet from the deck to the water!) and he'd hang on to me as I threw myself over the side in order to reach her. I'd grab a handful of hair and DH would haul us both back up onto the deck.

One time it happened, and I couldn't hear her feet... I frantically ran around the boat calling her name... finally found her at the back of the boat with her feet holding onto one of the outdrives, keeping her head above water. SMH... She lived to 14 years old, and passed of natural causes....
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!