View Single Post
Old 03-18-2014, 02:24 PM   #5
matese
Donating YT 3000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjc View Post
Oh dear, well I guess to start, interrupt any bad behavior: Ah, ah! and stand between him and who he's barking at, then step towards him so he has to back up.) Get him to where he stops barking, and then have him sit, then reward him with praise and a treat. Always reward him for not barking at other dogs, and always intervene when he does. If he sops barking at say 10 ft away, stop there for a while, then gradually decrease the distance, and reward each time he acts right.
GREAT training advise, thing is, we do not get to see ppl walking dogs in my community. Myself as well as many of the ppl that live here have area for dog pooping in back yards. I like to leash walk him (after he did his business at HIS house) so he does not forget how to walk on the leash (meaning the “no pulling”) there are times when I go on a visit he has to be walked on the leash. I hate to ask my pug friend to use their dog for bait lol, to teach my lil challenger this, this lil pugs expression was like “gezzzz what did I do to you? So cute he was, I would hate to put this lil pug through that again lol, but I’ll ask my friend if they would be willing.
GREAT training technique. Thank you for your reply and training advise.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!