View Single Post
Old 03-14-2014, 11:37 PM   #12
sweetest1307
Senior Yorkie Talker

[quote=Yorkiemom1;4406222]
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetest1307 View Post
Thank you! She about 40 days in now, literally this week so much has changed and her belly has grown from almost not being able to tell to...wow, yes she's pregnant! lol She doesn't seem to be as uncomfortable as she was a few days ago maybe she was having some pain or discomfort bc the one on top was sideways and moving like crazy. Hopefully the pup has turned by now because she seems to be feeling better. Her belly has gotten a lot bigger just over the last couple of days. She's even laying on her side now like she's resting her belly it's too cute. She wasn't allowing us to lay her belly up the other day which is definitely unlike her but now it's like she's asks for us to rub her belly for her to sleep. Those little rascals are moving like crazy in there too, I forgot what going through this was like. I can't wait I'm hoping she has them in 2 weeks on the weekend. We've already rearranged my bedroom and her welping area is already set up next to my bedside.

Has anyone ever had a pup deliver earlier then expected??? I seem to hear more on here of having them later lately like during days 62-64. I just have a feeling she could have them sooner like days 38 or so...[/QUOTE]

Hopefully, you have done an ultrasound to determine how many babies you have in there. Hopefully, you will get an xray on day 56-58 to determine if she is going to be able to have these babies , by measuring head / pelvic ring ratio. Hopefully, you realize day 62-64 is normal, NOT late. Hopefully you are aware that the mortality rate for puppies born premature, before day 56, is about 90%....if you have fetusus delivered at day 38, they have NO chance of survival. Good luck with your whelp....praying for your momma and her babies.
Yes about 3 posts up I state she had a sonogram, and I'm sorry on my posting I did a typo and meant to say days early as in days 58-60...she's about 38 days now. According to the sonogram my vet says they have all there limbs, moving around perfectly, and look very well proportioned and should have a safe natural birth. I only live a mile or two from the only emergency 24 hour vet in town so I'm well prepared.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!