View Single Post
Old 03-14-2014, 11:25 PM   #278
sweetest1307
Senior Yorkie Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by kama View Post
Plus, my message clearly states that I bought one 11 years ago, used her stud service and just bought a puppy, yes also states teacup (size) Not to hard to figure out!

In the dog world this term means it's a very small dog, can fit in a teacup.
I can't stand when people use the term teacup for any breed, especially Yorkies! This is only my second litter I've ever bred, my first was 5 years ago and I was very careful and took very good care of my pups and was picky when people inquired to adopt them.

Now this will be my second time breeding but this litter is with a different mother, I've had her for 3 years and was very careful when I searched for another female, she even came with a 3 year health guarantee and has never been sick a day in her life, thank goodness! I already have several people inquiring about purchasing one of my pups, but I think I scare them away when I start drilling them with questions about Yorkies and what they know about them. Lol I will not and do not plan to sell mine to make money, I bred her for her traits and had finally found the perfect stud for her, she has champion bloodline in her pedigree and so will the pups. With my first Yorkie I bred she had to have a c-section which was unexpected bc she was 7lbs and dad was 3lbs and it turned out a pup had a cord around its neck, he lived 10 days and I had to bottle feed him and he passed on my birthday, so I know how costly breeding can be.

I'm definitely not someone who would or should be considered a back yard breeder, if I could clone my Layla I would, so all I could do was find the right stud and it was like they were twins with their markings and temperament. I'm excited about her pups and if all turns out well then I plan to breed them again. There are way too many people out there who breed and sale for the wrong reasons even to mix breeds, I'm not one of those people...if I could I would keep all of the pups, instead I'm keeping one if she has a female and selling the other two. Sonogram says she has at least 3...I don't even take my furbaby's outside they are trained on pads. I'm way to picky about my baby's and where or if they go anywhere. I don't even like them going to the groomer, I send her maybe once a year, we groom her here at home.

People need to be aware that anyone can sign up to be a registered breeder, you have to have a reputation with your baby's before you can be considered reputable in my opinion. Look at the pups and what they look like, if your familiar with the breed enough you'll know a good one when you see one, if possible go to their home and meet them before giving them $1000+ for a pup your unsure of will be healthy or going to look like what you hope for. Ask the breeder plenty of questions and make sure they are responsive with the right answers, you'll know if a person is a good Yorkie owner after a short conversation pretty quickly, at least I always do. Lol

Last edited by sweetest1307; 03-14-2014 at 11:28 PM.
sweetest1307 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!