View Single Post
Old 03-07-2014, 02:49 AM   #1
lindz719
Yorkie Talker

Default sick yorkie..what to do

rocky is 6.5 years old. back in the fall we noticed he was having difficulty jumping..which eventually led to him not being able to do the stairs. we figured it was his luxating patella. we did bring him to the vet. had a blood drawn done. showed elevated WBC and liver enzymes. also rocky started losing weight, even tho he was eating. we eventuallly did more blood draws. which showed the same results. he has been on tramadol, doxy, and now an appetitie stimulant. we had an abdominal Ultrasound. showed inflammation in his kidney and liver. they are still stumped at what can be wrong. he is so weak now, lays down in front of his food bowl. usually not eating but sometimes will eat off a plate or the floor. try hand feeding him and he takes no parts. still peeing and pooping. but at times i think from straining to poop and being weak he falls over. the other night he was under the couch. eyes open and breathing but he would not respond. i eventually got him moving by moving the couch away. but it scared the crap out of me,
so spoke to the vet. now he wants to do a liver biopsy, bile acid tests, and coagulation studies. he will start him on liver pills didnt ay the name and another appetite stimulant.
i feel like this could be the end. i do not think he would survive the anesthesia for the biopsy. he used to be 13 pounds when healthy. he has dwindled down to 8.8 lbs.
hes my first dog. i am clueless.. i keep asking what if there is a pill that will fix it all. am i just kidding myself. now i feel like he is suffering. whats a pet owner to do.
we want to take him for a second opinion. but what would you guys do. anyone elses pet do this. any tips or suggestions please!
lindz719 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!