View Single Post
Old 03-06-2014, 07:15 AM   #5
Wylie's Mom
Furbutts = LOVE
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel Sweet Pea View Post
it is not a gate blocking the doorway .. rather I put boxes there so she would not get caught in a gate. Her crate is metal and I am afraid she can hurt herself on that as well... so I put padded mat near doorway to the bathroom where I am keeping her when I go out which is three times the size of her crate. She is walking around ok... stretching her legs ok... she just has a terrible case of separation anxiey and she gets nervous over everything. I am very gentle with her... Here is an example: she did wee wee where she was not supposed to... I did not scold her because I had just come home and she was happy to see me... Still she was shaking as I cleaned it up. I have NEVER hit her or yelled at her or snapped a paper near her.... never... I do not believe in abusing animals and treat her with respect. I do say "no no" and "bad behavior" .... I don't want to give up....but it is so hard to know what to do.
Ah, I see now! I thought it was a gate in the doorway. That's good to hear she is using her legs okay and everything . As for the wee wee's, it's good you didn't scold her since you didn't actually see her go (at least that's what it sounds like). Some people try scolding a dog well after the fact, and the dog has *no idea* what it did wrong. Only tell her "no" if you actually see her doing it wrong, in person. You sound like a great Mama, and I'm sure you'll get her on track eventually. It's frustrating, I know...bc mine have accidents too.

°¨¨¨°ºOº°¨¨¨° Ann | Pfeiffer | Marcel Verdel Purcell | Wylie | Artie °¨¨¨°ºOº°¨¨¨°
Wylie's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!