View Single Post
Old 03-05-2014, 07:02 PM   #5
capt_noonie
www.yorkierescue.com
Donating Member

I flew Spirit once and I hate them! I would not fly them again unless there was no other choice, or all other airlines were double the price.

Truth is, they really aren't that much cheaper. For example I am looking at flights now for Nov. Not all carriers have published their rates, but they have and so has Virgin. I got a flight to FLL on Virgin for about $150. Spirit is $170, but still have to factor in their fee for a checked bag ($30). And if you want to print out a ticket at the airport (for example if you came off a cruise and didn't have internet access) they charge you $10.

If you didn't know about their baggage policy and showed up at the gate with a carry on you get charged $100 per bag! I didn't know about it until someone on my cruise forum said something. Otherwise we would have shown up at the gate with that bag and I would have been so pissed! If you pre pay for your carry on you still have to pay $35. Or if you booked them like I did thru a third party like Expedia, they don't tell you this, and you have to pay for the bags after you buy the tix. Then they will charge you $45 for a bag.

Then you don't get any free water or anything. And they don't take cash. A bottle of water was $4.

If you are going for more than a few days (like 2 or 3 max!), I don't see how taking this line would be beneficial.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!