View Single Post
Old 03-04-2014, 03:38 PM   #1
Angel Sweet Pea
Yorkie Yakker

Default Potty training older dog

Hi, as I have told some, I adopted an older dog who has been in more then one home since leaving her original mom [who is very sick]. I have her crate but feel it is cruel to keep her in there when I am out because she has no access to food or water and is so confined. However, if I let her roam free she goes potty whereever she wants when unsupervised. I confined her to a large tiled floor bathroom with food water and wee wee pad, however when she hears me leave or come home she jumps to try to get over the short gate/box I put in the doorway and I noticed today she was having trouble with her back legs. I totally freaked and felt like giving up. She wouldn't eat or drink... I had to break out some wet 'junk' dog food to mix in with her dry food and she ate a little bit of it and drank. She did not even want to play. She is doing a little better now. If it continues I am taking her to the vet. I don't know what I can do to keep her safe when I am not home for a few hours. Crating her seems very cruel. She sleeps with me at night.
Angel Sweet Pea is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!