View Single Post
Old 03-04-2014, 10:41 AM   #12
Teegy
Donating YT 1000 Club Member

FYI we have had people come on here who's pups have been younger than yours and with the help of their vets and loads of love and care they have thrived. I took my boys to the vet within a couple of days of getting them for a full physical, stool sample and bloodwork. The vet will likely give you a dewormer, so ask your breeder if she has done this.
If your breeder is a decent person they will be there for you and only a call away for advice.
Here's something that happened with my second dog that did not happen with my first during teething. Tufty was really really sinusy. I talked to my vet on the phone and he said, just like babies while teething they can become congested and convinced me not to worry, I asked if I could give him a little liquid benadryl and he said it's likely not needed but a little drop isn't going to do any harm. I bought a load of essential oils and burned them at night while we slept in hope it would help clear his sinuses, I know gay, but I felt better doing it.
I kept the boys in their carrier secured on a chair by my bed while I slept so they could see me and did this for several weeks and had no problem with them sleeping through the night or crying. Get pet steps, I have one in the living room and one in the bedroom.
Teegy is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!