View Single Post
Old 03-03-2014, 08:53 AM   #17
yorkietalkjilly
♥ Love My Tibbe! ♥
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meggie View Post
Saturday is Toy day this year. I'll be watching especially then & Friday, Terrier day, but I'm not going this year.
I used to go every year, with my other breed, to show but haven't been for several years now. I loved it best when it was at Earls Court, the atmosphere was amazing, especially cheering on your Best if Breed in the group. Best of all when your breed was on the final day so you were there for Best in Show, the atmosphere was electric. I loved every minute but it was tiring.

When it was in London, we had to set off in the car from home at nine the night before to catch the special midnight train from Manchester. There were more dogs than people on it of course...the tube to Earls Court never knew what hit it when we all piled on
Then, as you couldn't remove your dogs till after six thirty, it used to be the early hours of the next morning before we got home.
It was never quite so enervating after it switched to Olympia & tame & civilised being able to drive into the NEC
That all sounds so exciting and fun, despite the long hours and frustrations that were no doubt hand-in-hand with all of it. I envy you getting to attend Crufts, let alone show there! I hope I can catch it live on Sally's link!
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!